Thalia, the Thunder King is one of the Crusaders that bring a special ability along to the team. At the sixth upgrade Thalia receives the Storm Rider ability. Each activation gives a stacking 10% boost to your DPS global multiplier each time it is used (15% with Magnify); however, it is subject to an eight hour cooldown before it can be reused.
As with all special abilities, Thalia must be in the current formation to execute Storm Rider, but the reward persists even when Thalia is benched.
|10||2.5q||Monsters attack Thalia, the Thunder King more (attack priority 99).|
|Quote: "I'm a real monster magnet."|
|25||6.25q||Increases the Base DPS of Thalia, the Thunder King by 125%.|
|Quote: If you didn't know better, you might think it got away from him...|
|50||25q||Increases the Base DPS of Thalia, the Thunder King by 125%.|
|Quote: But no knives yet.|
|75||100q||Increases the effect of healing on Thalia, the Thunder King by 100%|
|Quote: Behold! My truly impressive regenerative power!|
|100||800q||Increases the DPS of all Crusaders by 15%.|
|Quote: "The stocks are full and I'm ready to forge."|
|125||8Q||Unlocks the 'Storm Rider' ability|
Storm Rider: Increases DPS by 10% for every use of the storm rider ability.
|Quote: There's a killer on the road, his brain is squirmin' like a toad.|
|200||481s||For every 25 levels over and including 200, Thalia, the Thunder King's DPS is multiplied by 4x. This multiplier stacks.|
|Quote: We are close to our goal, gentlemen.|
|Ring||Decrepit Ring of Lightning||Thalia, the Thunder King takes 5% less damage|
|Old Ring of Lightning||Thalia, the Thunder King takes 10% less damage|
|Ancient Ring of Lightning||Thalia, the Thunder King takes 25% less damage|
|Venerable Ring of Lightning||Thalia, the Thunder King takes 50% less damage|
|Lightning-Imbued Signet Ring of Godly Power||Thalia, the Thunder King takes 75% less damage |
Legendary: Increases the effect of Storm Rider by 100%
|Orb||Used Electric Orb of Storms||Increases the DPS of all Crusaders by 5%|
|Dusty Electric Orb of Storms||Increases the DPS of all Crusaders by 10%|
|Orb of Hurricane and Lightning||Increases the DPS of all Crusaders by 15%|
|Whirlwinding Orb of Tornados||Increases the DPS of all Crusaders by 40%|
|All Powerful Nuclear Winter Orb of Barely Contained Lightning||Increases the DPS of all Crusaders by 60%|
|Tornado Orb of Literally Having a Tornado Inside It||Increases the DPS of all Crusaders by 80%|
Legendary: Increase the base DPS of all other Royal Crusaders by 100%
|Amulet||Bronze Amulet of Thunderstorms||Increase the effect of Storm Rider by 10%|
|Silver Amulet of Thunderstorms||Increase the effect of Storm Rider by 25%|
|Gold Amulet of Thunderstorms||Increase the effect of Storm Rider by 50%|
|Platinum Amulet of Thunderstorms||Increase the effect of Storm Rider by 100%|
|Musky Unobtainium Amulet of Megastorms||Increases the effect of Storm Rider by 150%|
|Sparkling Amulet of Annoying Static Shocks||Increases the effect of Storm Rider by 200% |
Legendary: Increases gold found by 25% for each use of Storm Rider
|The above item list is transcluded from Thalia, the Thunder King/Items. (edit | history)|
- Besides being a temporary main damage-dealer, a monster magnet and having Storm Rider, Thalia is one that you would want to consider benching.
- As of the January 20 update, Thalia's role as the formation's tank is more defined. Even so, it is still recommended to use Jack as the formation tank instead of him, due to the latter's Cry For Help ability. You may use Thalia, however, if you are using Natalie as your main damage-dealer.
- Storm Rider deserves a special mention. Since it increases formation dps permanently without even needing him in the formation, it is recommended that you activate a Magnified Storm Rider (yes, Storm Rider can be Magnified) every time it is available. Even though boosting only a small value, it is cummulative throughout the run and stacking several charges of Storm Rider could make a difference.
- However, it should be noted that Storm Rider bonuses do not carry over resets.
- Avoid placing Thalia in the frontline if you have Jack in that column, since it would diminish the potential of Jack's durability and Cry For Help skill.
- Or actually, do place him there. His death does not bring much loss to the formation and if he dies, the monsters could shift their attention towards Jack next as a group.
- Or just don't buy the Lightning Rod upgrade, and let the monsters attack him and Jack equally.
|The above strategy list is transcluded from Thalia, the Thunder King/Strategies. (edit | history)|
- ↑ Lyrics from The Hitchhiker by The Doors.
- ↑ Marvel comic character. Accompanying quote from the same character in the game, Spider-Man 2: Enter Electro